- Learning Best Practice Research Group
- Our teachers investigate new educational thinking, they pick a relevant topic each term and developing materials, research and case studies to investigate the merits of the thinking.
- They publish their research findings both to our school community and to a wider audience.
- Experts Programme
- The school does not just rely on in-house training and inset days but works with some of the best experts to come into school and work with us over the course of 1-2 years.
- Our teachers will attend conferences and external courses to broaden their thinking and ensure our curriculum is full of ‘Awe and Wonder’
- Awards won and shortlisted
- ISA Senior School Award for Academic Excellence and Innovation 2019
- Our Senior Leadership Team were nominated in 2019 for the TES Awards. Only 6 schools in the country were shortlisted and although we did not win we were delighted to be in the top 6.
"I choose to teach at Holme Grange because they cared about my development and would invest in it. I also have access to experts in my field and similar minded colleagues"
Member of Staff
- Christian Ethos
- Embedded in our fibre is a sense of putting others before ourselves and following a Christian philosophy whilst appreciating and respecting all other beliefs.
- Holme Grange Way
- Work Hard Play Fair is our school motto that embodies our seven rules of how to behave whether you are 3 years old or 16 the rules are the same.
- House System
- We have four houses that pupils are allocated to but the house is not just a name and a colour. All ages mix together at house events and the younger pupils learn from the older ones. They bond and make friends throughout the year group.
- Learning Habits
- We have 14 Learning Habits which build transferable skills for life. Pupils build a pupil profile and log evidence for each habit. This forms a major part of their learning journal.
"The caring and nurturing approach goes through the whole school and applies to pupils, staff and our whole community."
Head of the Staff Wellbeing Committee
- 2019 saw a very successful year group achieve 49% of all grades at 9-7 which is equivalent of A* to A
- NACE Accreditation
- In 2018 Holme Grange was reaccredited the prestigious NACE Challenge Award for More Able, Gifted and Talented Pupils. This Award is given for challenging all pupils, including those with high abilities, to achieve their best and in November 2018 we became the Regional Hub for NACE and now run sessions and oversee research and development. There are only three regional hubs.
- Accelerated Learning Centre
- Children may at times require a more specialised programme than the majority of children of the same age, in part or in all of their school work. ALC is staffed with specialist teachers that can give them the support at the time they need it.
- Latest Awards
- The number 1 school in the country for Senior Academic Excellence and Innovation – ISA 2019
- Senior Leadership is top 6 in the country – TES 2019
- Creativity in Education is top 8 in the country – TES 2019
- The number 1 school in the country for Early Years Provision – ISA 2018
- Artsmark Gold
"This school is constantly striving to ensure every pupil gets the best outcome for them."
Chair of Governors
- Purpose built age appropriate science labs from Reception to Year 11
- 3 dedicated Art & Design classrooms plus an Art Studio
- Design and Engineering Studio
- 300 seat Theatre
- Drama Studio
- Music technology suite
- Dedicated music rooms with rock school and drum facilities
- Farm with middle white pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, pigmy goats
- Beehives, Bug Houses and Dove and Bat Boxes
- 2 poly-tunnels
- 5 Forest School sites
- Willow Village
- Sports Hall
- Outdoor heated swimming pool
- All weather pitches as well as grass pitches
- Athletics field
- Purpose built dining hall
"Our latest building project is the new Senior Building which will be open in September 2019"
- Breakfast Club from 7.30am
- After school activity programme
- Homework prep
- Holiday club run onsite by Activity Camps
"We are so lucky with the amount of activities available after school. There is a real distinction between the school day and our activities."
Pupil Year 9
- Learning Habits
- Friends network
- Careers talks and network
- Yes Futures Programme
- Lecture Series and Parent Conference
- Events and socialising opportunities
- Trips and experiences
"Holme Grange was the most amazing place and the friends I have made will be friends for life."