Parents Amenity Association
PAA Committee Members
Every parent is automatically a member of the PAA and some parents wish to have a more active role in supporting the PAA by becoming a committee member and attending our monthly PAA meetings, giving up more of their time to lead a social event or getting more involved in the day-to-day planning activities of the PAA. If you want to get involved please contact Lisa Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07590 677807).
We appreciate we all have to balance family, home and work so for those parents who wish to support but have limited time they can become a PAA Volunteer. All the major events we put on each year and school events require a little army of helpers that support us behind the scenes. If you don’t wish to attend every monthly PAA meeting or lead an event you can still get involved by registering on our PAA Volunteer Database. Please contact Lisa Williams (email@example.com / 07590 677807).
Your School Needs You
The PAA raises funds to purchase additional items for your children at Holme Grange School, such as the new Aeroball. With these extra items as our focus we have joined TheGivingMachine which will allow you to generate cash donations without it costing you a penny. There are over 8000 schools & charities taking part in this program, with the successful causes raising £100’s every year at no extra cost to their supporters!
TheGivingMachine is a UK registered charity, whose sole aim is to facilitate raising money for UK charitable causes and schools. By shopping online via TheGivingMachine at your favourite shops will generate a free cash donation with every single purchase. With stores like Amazon, Ebay, M&S, NEXT, Tesco, Sainsbury and John Lewis taking part with hundreds more, you are bound to find what you want from your favourite shops at TheGivingMachine.
Please join our new giving community by visiting www.TheGivingMachine.co.uk and join to support Holme Grange PAA; it’s quick and simple to sign up and start giving for free.
It really is as simple as that. Please ensure you don’t miss this opportunity to give while you are shopping and help spread the word to raise as much as we can from this amazing program. Your help will make a difference.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me, or your class reps.
Can your company match donations to Holme Grange School? Some companies offer these types of schemes and they really help increase our fundraising totals.
In most cases, the company will match your donation pound for pound up to a specific level; a handful of organisations even double-match. Please contact your Human Resources department to make a matching gift. They should be able to give you a form to fill in confirming the gift you have made, which you then send to us to confirm receipt of the gift. Thank you!
Aims and Objectives:
1. To encourage co-operation between the School and parents.
2. To promote and work together on projects to the general benefit of the pupils.
3. To raise funds for, and organize the provision of additional equipment and amenities for the School.
1. Membership shall be open to all parents and members of the teaching staff.
2. Officers of the Association shall be a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
3. The affairs of the Association shall be managed by a Committee of 12, in addition to a member of the School Governors and the Headteacher or her nominee, ex officio.
4. Committee Members shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
5. Four members of the Committee shall resign by rotation on the basis of length of service, and be eligible for re-election if they express a willingness to do so. No member shall serve for more than 9 years consecutively. The Chairman’s term of office shall not exceed 4 years, and during the last year of office a Chairman-elect shall be appointed by the Committee.
6. An Annual Report, together with a Statement of Accounts, shall be prepared for submission to the Annual General Meeting.
7. The Association shall not interfere in any way with the functions of the Headteacher and her staff.
8. The Association shall not concern itself with matters relating to individual children which shall continue to be a matter between the parents and the Headteacher and the Board.
9. The activities of the Association shall be subject to the approval of the Governing Body.