Aims and Ethos
Our Mission is to inspire achievement beyond the bounds of expectation within an environment where every child can succeed. A bold statement but one that we believe every child deserves. This is our core focus which we deliver on by embracing our aims.
Five Key Aims
- Stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage people to embrace challenge
- Value and nurture the individual
- Develop confident, adaptable, resourceful, open-minded, resilient and above all, creative thinkers
- Equip people to be global citizens who contribute positively to society
- Promote a professional learning community, leading innovation in learning
Our school motto is Work Hard – Play Fair and this embodies our school. We are proud of our family feel and we genuinely see the school community as part of our family. This is reflected in our values.
Our Learning Habits
These are very important to us as a school and they permeate all our Teaching and Learning from nursery to Year 11.
Imagination and Creativity
Risk-Taking and Resilience
Empathy and Understanding
Independence and Initiative
Courage and Self Belief
Curiosity and Enthusiasm
Co-operation and Collaboration
The school rewards system is based on the learning habits with each child made aware of when they are displaying the particular habit. Each term the whole school will focus on one area so by Year 11 the pupils will have the habits of a Life Long Learner.