Thank you for taking the time to visit us here. We understand how busy family life can be and we appreciate your interest.
Who are we?
Every Holme Grange School parent/carer is automatically a member of the Parent Amenities Association (PAA), so welcome. The PAA is led by a committee of volunteer parents who meet regularly, currently online, to share fundraising ideas and plan events for both the children and their parent/carer members of the school community.
What do we do?
We fundraise for equipment so that our children can benefit from a range of activities, and we are all rewarded by sharing their joy of discovery and personal growth. Examples of recent PAA funding are 2 minibuses, playground makeover, long jump pit, library furniture and STEAM equipment.
How do we do it?
By organising activities and events in which we always try to balance the fundraising with the fun! From children’s crafts, such as Christmas cards and recipe books, to the big annual events including a family fireworks extravaganza and the jewel in the PAA crown, our grand summer ball. Please follow the link to our events page for more details: https://www.pta-events.co.uk/holmegrangepaa/
How can you get involved?
The adage ‘many hands make light work’ really does hold true for any voluntary organisation including our PAA. You can do as much or as little as you feel comfortable with, from joining the committee to sharing ideas and raffle tickets, so please do get in touch. Please contact Michelle or Heidi at [email protected] for more information.
Why should I get involved?
Helping the PAA not only raises valuable funds to benefit our children, but it is also a great way of meeting other parents/carers and joining the Holme Grange community.
We look forward to meeting you. Here are a few very simple fundraising opportunities to get you started!
Ongoing easy fundraising opportunities
Many companies throughout the UK offer employees the chance to boost their school’s fundraising efforts by ‘matching’ the money employees raise. If you think your company could support us through match-funding, please contact: [email protected].
The Giving Machine
You can register at Home | TheGivingMachine, choose the Holme Grange PAA as your charity, then every time you use the Giving Machine to access a retailer, the PAA will receive funding.
Other Retail Organisations
Some organisations donate a percentage of the purchase value back to the PAA. These include Amazon Smile, Easy to Name and The Zero Waste Delivery Company.
Amazon smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/
The Zero Waste Delivery Company:
Holme Grange PAA Committee members: 2022-2023
JOINT CHAIR: Michelle Riddy
JOINT CHAIR: Heidi Reeder
VICE-CHAIR EATON GRANGE: Non Hill
VICE-CHAIR PREP: OJ Olatoke
VICE-CHAIR PRE-PREP: Helen Osmond
TREASURER: Richard Sleator
SECRETARY: Nicole Oliver
MARKETING: Kate Webb
DEPUTY MARKETING: Cheryl White
EVENT COORDINATORS: Joanne Kerr, Claudette Winkler-Von Arx, Jules Hawkey, Sophie Edwards, Pete Moon
Holme Grange PAA Constitution
Aims and Objectives
- To encourage co-operation between the school and parents.
- To promote and work together on projects to the general benefit of the pupils.
- To raise funds for and organize the provision of additional equipment and amenities for the school.
- Membership shall be open to all parents and members of the teaching staff.
- Officers of the Association shall be a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The affairs of the Association shall be managed by a Committee of 12, in addition to a member of the School Governors and the Headteacher or her nominee, ex officio.
- Committee Members shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
- Four members of the Committee shall resign by rotation based on length of service and be eligible for re-election if they express a willingness to do so. No member shall serve for more than 9 years consecutively. The Chairman’s term of office shall not exceed 4 years, and during the last year of office a Chairman-elect shall be appointed by the Committee.
- An Annual Report, together with a Statement of Accounts, shall be prepared for submission to the Annual General Meeting.
- The Association shall not interfere in any way with the functions of the Headteacher and her staff.
- The Association shall not concern itself with matters relating to individual children which shall continue to be a matter between the parents and the Headteacher and the Board.
- The activities of the Association shall be subject to the approval of the Governing Body.