Our plans are well and truly underway to “COVID Proof” the school, and all in time for some more pupils to join us back on site.
Things have been very different here since Easter but teachers have pulled out all the stops to ensure learning continued in a fun and positive way. It was nice to see that the pastoral side of the school continued with pupils being contacted once a week as a minimum to have personal 1:1 chats with class and form teachers. The pupils have been amazing and shown every Learning Habit in the true sense.
However the rest of the team have been working on ways to ensure the safety of everyone when they are back on site. So far we have:
- Installed three additional outdoor classrooms (finished next week) – more lessons can be taught outside
- Installed outdoor trough sinks on every building – increasing the hand washing by everyone
- Hand sanitisers on the outside of buildings
- One way systems in all buildings – minimising pupil contact
- Shield screens put in some areas around desks with further areas being investigated
- All areas of the school regularly “fog” disinfected
- Cleaning products in all rooms so areas can be constantly cleaned
- Housekeeper employed to clean throughout the day
- Bins with lids placed in all areas
- Distancing stickers placed around the site to remind the pupils
- Posters and information points around the site