Scholarships are awarded on merit to the highest achievers in competitive examinations and assessments. Candidates who win awards will have an outstanding ability and the school will undertake to nurture that talent. Scholars will be expected to make a major contribution to the school.
Awards of varying value, from 5% to 25% of the tuition fees are awarded in Academic, Sport, Art and Drama categories and at the Head’s discretion, to ‘All-rounders.’ Means-tested bursaries can be awarded to supplement a Scholarship.
If you would like to apply for a scholarship at 11+ or 13+ please complete the application form. In addition please submit on a separate piece of paper a hand written application letter from your child (in their own words), in under 200 words, explaining why they feel they should be considered and what they will do to contribute to the life of the school. Those not currently at Holme Grange should also submit a Registration form with the accompanying Registration Fee (£200).
Please click on the link to see the Scholarship Brochure.
Expectations of all Scholars
As a scholar at Holme Grange, each scholar is expected to:-
- Attend and arrive on time every day with all required materials.
- Exhibit our core values of citizenship, a love of learning, and self-control at all times and live the ‘Holme Grange Way’.
- Follow the student code of conduct.
- Follow the student dress code.
- Complete all homework tasks set.
- Participate in before-school or after-school tutoring sessions if necessary.
- Participate in enrichment, community service and activities.
- Work on improving or maintaining health and physical fitness.
- Accept responsibility for their behaviour.
- Treat Staff and all pupils with the utmost respect.
- Participate enthusiastically in School life, e.g. Sport, drama, music, academic.