- Learning Best Practice Research Group
- Our teachers investigate new educational thinking, they pick a relevant topic each term and developing materials, research and case studies to investigate the merits of the thinking.
- They publish their research findings both to our school community and to a wider audience.
- Experts Programme
- The school does not just rely on in-house training and inset days but works with some of the best experts to come into school and work with us over the course of 1-2 years.
- Our teachers will attend conferences and external courses to broaden their thinking and ensure our curriculum is full of ‘Awe and Wonder’
"We are delighted with our move to Holme Grange. The passion and dedication of the staff at the school shine through all aspects of school life. Despite being new to the school, our children settled in very quickly, aided by the careful guidance of the teachers and the warm support of the other children. The school offers a broad curriculum of consistently high quality and our children love the rich learning environment that results."
- Christian Ethos
- Embedded in our fibre is a sense of putting others before ourselves and following a Christian philosophy whilst appreciating and respecting all other beliefs.
- Holme Grange Way
- Work Hard Play Fair is our school motto that embodies our seven rules of how to behave whether you are 3 years old or 16 the rules are the same.
- House System
- We have four houses that pupils are allocated to but the house is not just a name and a colour. All ages mix together at house events and the younger pupils learn from the older ones. They bond and make friends throughout the year group.
- Learning Habits
- We have 14 Learning Habits which build transferable skills for life. Pupils build a pupil profile and log evidence for each habit. This forms a major part of their learning journal.
"The caring and nurturing approach goes through the whole school and applies to pupils, staff and our whole community."
Head of the Staff Wellbeing Committee
- In 2021 we saw our most successful year of results. 40% of grades were 9-8, 59% at 9-7 grade and 99% of results were between 9-4.
- 2020 cohort had excellent results with 56% of all grades at 9 – 7 which is the equivalent of A* to A
- 2019 saw a very successful year group achieve 49% of all grades
- NACE Accreditation
- In 2018 Holme Grange was reaccredited the prestigious NACE Challenge Award for More Able, Gifted and Talented Pupils. This Award is given for challenging all pupils, including those with high abilities, to achieve their best and in November 2018 we became the Regional Hub for NACE and now run sessions and oversee research and development. There are only three regional hubs.
- Accelerated Learning Centre
- Children may at times require a more specialised programme than the majority of children of the same age, in part or in all of their school work. ALC is staffed with specialist teachers that can give them the support at the time they need it.
"This school is constantly striving to ensure every pupil gets the best outcome for them."
Chair of Governors
- Purpose built age appropriate science labs from Reception to Year 11
- 3 dedicated Art & Design classrooms plus an Imagineering Studio
- Design and Engineering Studio
- 300 seat Theatre
- Drama Studio, Music technology suit, Dedicated music rooms with rock school and drum facilities and a Recording Studio
- Farm with middle white pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, pigmy goats, beehives, bug Houses and dove, bat boxes and 2 poly-tunnels
- 5 Forest School sites,3 outdoor classrooms and Willow Village
- Sports Hall, outdoor heated swimming pool, all weather pitches as well as grass pitches and athletics field
- Purpose built dining hall
"Our latest building project is the new Recording Studio which opened in September 2020"
- Breakfast Club from 7.30am
- After school activity programme with a mixture of free or paid activities
- Homework prep every evening until 5.50 free
- Holiday club run onsite for Holme Grange pupils only
"We are so lucky with the amount of activities available after school. There is a real distinction between the school day and our activities."
Year 9 Pupil
- Learning Habits
- Friends network
- Careers talks and network
- Yes Futures Programme
- Lecture Series and Parent Conference
- Events and socialising opportunities
- Trips and experiences
"Holme Grange was the most amazing place and the friends I have made will be friends for life."